Saturday 7 April 2012

Information Technology and myself keeping up with it ....

The rate that technology has been going at, during these last 30 years has been hard to keep up with from my perspective.  It has become a thing where you pretty much have to take the dive and go with the flow whether you like it or not; but one of the barrier that comes with it, is the continueses changes that evolve and develop in a short space of time, and how it outdates your products.
Just sitting here and looking around, there are devices that I have learnt to use and have the confidence to use (but still areas of the devices that I don't understand how to work).  For example, my laptop of course which I am tapping away on at the moment to communicate this message and post it onto the blog for who ever to read who has access to a computer/laptop, etc and internet link. 
My printer, which can be connected to my laptop, to print out my required resources of information or study that has been produced or searched (using the internet) on the laptop.

The good old radio .... I can always rely on that piece of technology.  It seems to be quite happy as it is, not continuely changing in size, cost, expectation, etc.  But with the new pieces of technology clouding over, and taking more of the attention and focus away from the radio product, and radio station job source ... It is sadly causing the radio market a down turn, and hard time.  This seems to have already occurred to the camera, where the digital took over and has put the film and camera business out on the edge.  This is where I have had to keep up with the change, like all generations have had too, for example in the past when the industrial boom occurred.
The development of the telephone to the mobile phone, was a nice gradual move; as it went through its stages of development and necessity.  I myself only go for the most basic mobile phone (which seem to still be to fancy, which unnecessary ingredients included - which I don't use).  I only use the mobile phone as a phone for communication with for friends and family, verbally or text.

No comments:

Post a Comment